This website collects personal information from its users.
Users may be subject to different standards of protection, so more comprehensive standards may apply to some of them. Users can refer to the applicability section for more details about the protection criteria.
This document may be printed for retention purposes by using the "Print" command in the browser.
Provider and owner
Falko Bindrich, Tobias Hirneise
Amateur Chess GmbH
Cannstatter Street 13
E-mail address of the provider: email@example.com
Types of data collected
Personal data processed by this website independently or through third parties include: Trackers; Usage Data.
Personal data may be provided voluntarily by the user or, in the case of usage data, may be collected automatically when this website is used. Unless otherwise specified, the provision of all data requested by this website is mandatory. If the user refuses to provide the data, this may result in this website being unable to provide the user with its services. In cases where this website expressly states that the provision of personal data is voluntary, users may choose not to provide such data without any consequences for the availability or functioning of the service.
Users are responsible for all third party personal data obtained, published or disclosed through this website and confirm that they have obtained consent for the transfer of personal data of any third parties to this website.
Nature and location of data processing
The Provider processes User Data in a proper manner and takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access and unauthorized forwarding, modification or destruction of data.
Data processing is carried out by means of computers or IT-based systems in accordance with organizational procedures and practices specifically aimed at the stated purposes. In addition to the data controller, other parties may operate this website internally (human resources, sales, marketing, legal department, system administrators) or externally - and in the case where necessary, designated by the data controller as processors (such as technical service providers, delivery companies, hosting providers, IT companies or communication agencies) - and thus have access to the data. An up-to-date list of these parties may be requested from the provider at any time.
Legal basis for processing
The provider may only process personal data of users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: In some jurisdictions, the provider may be permitted to process personal data until the user objects to such processing ("opt-out") without relying on consent or any other of the following legal bases. However, this does not apply if the processing of personal data is subject to European data protection law;
- the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with the user and/or for pre-contractual measures arising therefrom;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the provider is subject;
- the processing is related to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Provider;
- the processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the Provider or a third party.
In any case, the Provider will be happy to provide information on the specific legal basis on which the processing is based, in particular whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual obligation or a prerequisite for the conclusion of a contract.
Data will be processed at the Provider's office and at all other locations where the entities involved in data processing are located. Depending on the location of the Users, data transfers may involve the transfer of the User's data to a country other than the User's own. To learn more about the location of the processing of the transferred data, users may consult the section detailing the processing of personal data.
Additionally, when broader standards are applicable, the following applies:
Users also have the right to be informed about the legal basis of the data transfer to a country outside the European Union or to an international organization governed by international law or established by two or more countries, such as the UN, as well as to be informed about the security measures taken by the Provider to protect their data. If such a transfer takes place, the User can learn more about it by reviewing the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Provider via the information provided in the contact section.
Personal data will be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which it was collected.
- Personal data collected for the purpose of fulfilling a contract concluded between the provider and the user will be stored until the complete fulfillment of this contract.
- Personal data collected for the purpose of safeguarding the Provider's legitimate interests will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill these purposes. Users may obtain more detailed information about the Provider's legitimate interests in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Provider.
In addition, the provider is permitted to store personal data for a longer period of time if the user has consented to such processing, as long as the consent is not revoked. In addition, the provider may be obliged to store personal data for a longer period of time if this is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation or by order of an authority. After expiration of the retention period, personal data will be deleted. Therefore, the right to information, the right to deletion, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be asserted after the retention period has expired.
Purposes of processing
Personal data about the User is collected in order for the Provider to provide the Service and further to comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of the Users or third parties), detect malicious or fraudulent activities. In addition, data is collected for the following purposes: Analytics.
Users can find more detailed information about these processing purposes and the personal data used for each purpose in the "Detailed information about personal data processing" section of this document.
Detailed information about the processing of personal data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes using the following services:
The services listed in this section allow the Provider to monitor and analyze traffic and track user behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Ireland Limited)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"). Google uses the data collected to track and study how this website is used, compile reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal data processed: Usage data; trackers.
The rights of the users
Users may exercise certain rights with respect to their data processed by the Provider.
Users who are entitled to more comprehensive standards may exercise all of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may contact the Provider to find out what rights apply to them.
Users specifically have the right to:
- Revoke the consents at any time. If the user has previously consented to the processing of personal data, they may revoke their own consent at any time.
- Object to the processing of their data. The user has the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is based on a legal basis other than consent. Further information on this is provided below.
- Receive information regarding their data. The user has the right to know whether the data is processed by the provider, to receive information about individual aspects of the processing and to obtain a copy of the data.
- To have the data checked and corrected. The User has the right to verify the accuracy of their data and request that it be updated or corrected.
- Request restriction of the processing of their data. Users have the right to restrict the processing of their data under certain circumstances. In this case, the provider will not process the data for any purpose other than storage.
- Request deletion or other removal of personal data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that the Provider erase their data.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another responsible party. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, common and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, to have it transferred to another controller without hindrance. This provision is applicable where the data is processed by automated means and the processing is based on the user's consent, on a contract to which the user is party or on pre-contractual obligations.
- Submitting a complaint. Users have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Details on the right to object to processing
If personal data are processed in the public interest, in the exercise of a sovereign power conferred on the Provider or to safeguard the Provider's legitimate interests, the User may object to such processing by providing a justification ground relating to his or her particular situation.
Users are informed that they may object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing at any time without giving reasons. Users can find out whether the Provider processes personal data for direct marketing purposes in the relevant sections of this document.
How the rights can be exercised
All requests to exercise the User Rights may be addressed to the Provider via the contact details provided in this document. Requests can be exercised free of charge and will be processed by the Provider as soon as possible, at the latest within one month.
Applicability of broader standards
While most provisions of this document apply to all users, some provisions expressly apply only when the processing of personal data is subject to broader standards of protection.
Such broader standards are applicable when the processing is:
- is carried out by a provider established in the EU;
- relates to the personal data of users who are located in the EU and at the same time concerns the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services to such users;
- relates to the personal data of users located in the EU and enables the provider to monitor the behavior of those users in the EU.
Further information on the collection and processing of data
The User's personal data may be processed by the Provider for the purposes of legal enforcement within or in preparation of legal proceedings arising from the improper use of this website or its associated services.
The User declares that he/she is aware that the Provider may be required by the authorities to hand over personal data.
Further information about the user's personal data
System Protocols and Maintenance
This website and third party services may collect files that record interaction taking place through this website (system logs) for operational and maintenance purposes, or use other personal data (e.g., IP address) for this purpose.
Additional information about the collection or processing of personal data can be requested from the provider at any time using the contact details listed.
How "Do Not Track" requests are handled
Definitions and legal information
Personal data (or data)
Any information by which the identity of a natural person is or can be determined, directly or in combination with other information.
Information that this website (or third party services that this website uses) automatically collects, such as: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers of users who use this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses, the time of the request, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the response file received, the numerical code indicating the status of the server response (successful result, error, etc.), the country of origin, the functions of the computer used by the user to access this website, and the type of data collected. ), the country of origin, the functions of the browser and operating system used by the user, the various time details per call (e.g. how much time was spent on each page of the application) and information about the path followed within an application, in particular the order of the pages visited, as well as other information about the operating system of the device and/or the IT environment of the user.
The person using this website, which, unless otherwise specified, is the same as the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the personal data relates.
Processor (or data processor)
Controller (or provider, sometimes also owner).
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and the means used for that purpose, including the security measures relating to the operation and use of this website. Unless otherwise specified, the controller is the natural or legal person through which this website is offered.
This website (or this application)
The hardware or software tool used to collect and process the User's personal data.
The Service provided through this Website, as described in the applicable TOS (if any) and on this Website/Application.
European Union (or EU).
Unless otherwise stated, all references in this document to the European Union refer to all current member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Cookies are trackers that consist of a small data set stored in the user's browser.
The term tracker refers to any technology - e.g., cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags, or fingerprinting - by which users can be tracked, for example, by allowing access to or storage of information on the user device.
Last updated: 22 April 2022